Wednesday, March 13

Its that time of year and Toronto is happily saying goodbye to months of cold weather. I can see more people in the streets laughing and canoodling. Spring fever is on! I've been fascinated by this phenomena ever since I came across it in Archie comics as a kid. I asked my mom what it was and she said "go ask your father" who of course sent me back to my mother.

Spring fever commonly occurs with a sudden warm spell following a long cold period. When the temperature rises, the body has to get rid of heat. Dilation or expansion of blood vessels so blood can be carried to the body surface where heat can be lost quickly to the air. The energetic feeling experienced is the body's reaction to the large amount of work going on to cope with a warming environment.

I think its just an excuse to go plumb fun crazy after months of hibernation.

No comments: